If the size of your desktop icons is not to your taste, you do not have to accept them in their current state. The Windows desktop icons may be resized in a variety of ways to ensure that they look exactly how you want them to on your screen.
If you do not like the new size of your desktop icons, that is not a problem.
Why Change, By the Way?
You may want to see a small or bigger icon size for a number of reasons.
You may have trouble differentiating your current icons if they are too small. On a bigger screen, the larger the icons, the easier they will be to read. As a consequence, you will have fewer icons to choose from on your desktop.
If your icons are too big, you may shrink them down to make them more compact. In addition to the icons already on your desktop, you may now add additional. This should be a no-brainer if you do not have any vision issues.
Changing Size through Mouse
Changing the size of a desktop icon on a Windows PC is as easy as dragging the mouse cursor over the icon. You may change the size of an icon by scrolling the mouse wheel up or down.
- Start with computer’s desktop after logging in,
- For a few seconds, press and hold on to the ctrl key,
- To expand desktop icons, use the mouse wheel to the right. The symbols on your screen will grow in size as you view them,
- Use your mouse wheel to scroll down to minimize the size of your desktop icons.
Change through Context Menu
You may change the size of your desktop icons in Windows’ context menu:
- A right-click menu will emerge anywhere on your desktop a right-click menu is not already present.
- You have three icon sizes to select from when you choose View from the dropdown menu: There are three sizes of icons: giant, medium, and microscopic.
- To modify the size of your desktop icons, just pick one of the options below. Medium-sized icons are the most often utilized option among users.
Modification through Setting
The scale and layout tool in Windows 10 allows you to change the size for the text, programs, and icon fonts on your computer:
- To get started, go to the Start Menu and type Settings in the search box,
- Select System from the following screen to open the system options menu,
- Choose it from the left-hand side of the screen’s Display menu,
- You may change the size and layout using the dropdown menu on the right side of the screen. From the dropdown menu, choose the relevant choice. By choosing a scale value, you may change the size of the text, application, and other items,
- As a consequence of your choices, all of your screen components, including desktop icons, will grow or decrease in size. The changes you make will have an instant effect,
- To have more control over the scale, you may use the Advanced scaling settings option.
The lone textbox on the next screen will accept any value you type in. It is permissible to use a number between 100 and 500. To see your changes, take effect, click the Apply button after you have completed editing.
So, these are some of the ways which you can use to change desktop icon size on your computer. It can be something new for you if you try any suggested way from the above list.